Posted August 30, 2022
How to Apply
Opportunity: Guest Service Agent
Greet, register and service guests in a friendly and courteous manner according to hotel/brand and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Front Desk Supervisor or Sales Coordinator – Front Office Manager or Sales Manager
- Immediately greet guest and offer to assist with their needs.
- Register and assign guests to hotel rooms.
- Establish method of payment and verify credit.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or PMS system.
- Respond to guest requests in a timely manner.
- Receive and resolve guest complaints, elevating to supervisor if necessary.
- Secure guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit boxes, if not available in guest rooms.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting audits.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Assist in the breakfast area or assist guests with luggage when staffing assistance is required or during peak periods.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous customer service experience or equivalent training required.
- Knowledge of PMS systems preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standingfor extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25pounds, bending andreaching; stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
NOTE: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects
of the hotel’s employment practices, including the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide
on this website, hiring, salaries and benefits. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a
franchisee and not by Hilton.
How to Apply
Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg
112 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Whether you are traveling for just a few nights or much longer, there are two great ways to stay when you are in the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. Hilton Garden Inn is a dual property, providing you with a full service experience. Located in the heart of the business district, adjacent to the I-270 Technology Corridor, walking distance to shops and restaurants and just a short complimentary shuttle distance from Washington D.C.’s Shady Grove Metro, you’ll find everything you need for a successful business trip, relaxing weekend getaway, or fun-filled family vacation.
Unwind in a spacious guest room or suite at this Rockville, MD hotel and enjoy convenient amenities to ensure a pleasant stay. Stay productive with complimentary WiFi and sleep well in a Garden Sleep System® bed.
- Unrivaled location, with shuttle service within 3 miles of the hotel
- Near numerous shops and attractions including downtown Washington, DC
- Fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool
- Complimentary WiFi in all guest rooms and public areas
- 2,800 sq. ft. of flexible meeting and banquet space, ideal for special events and weddings
- Evening room service